Richard Hawley

Ce muzica mai ascultați, ce filme ați mai văzut și ce cărți ați mai citit.
ola small dickie
Big Daddy

Re: Richard Hawley

Post by ola small dickie »

Richard Hawley - Alone

Currently playing: Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse
ola small dickie
Big Daddy

Richard Hawley: "My first three records [..] remained very much under the radar. It took until 2006 for everything to gain momentum. In that year my album 'Coles Corner' got nominated for the Mercury Prize (the most prestigious music award in the United Kingdom).

Although Arctic Monkeys won the award, and not me, Alex Turner started his speech with: "Somebody call 999, Richard Hawley's been robbed!" That statement catapulted me in one go from low-key to mainstream musician. And I didn't even do anything for that. Alex did all the interviews and I could stay quietly at the bar, haha!""

ola small dickie
Big Daddy

Richard Hawley despre Arctic Monkeys:

Recently, I went to see the [Arctic] Monkeys when they played in Sheffield and they all texted me individually to ask if I was coming to see the gig. All of them. There was no management or anything. I thought, ‘Well, I’ll go along and maybe there’ll be a guest area’. They got me a fucking car, man. They drove me straight into the dressing room area next to the tour buses and within five minutes we were having a beer and a joke. They haven’t changed. All that massive success they’ve had, their level of success is up there with Joe’s [Cocker], it’s huge and I can reliably inform you that they’re not arseholes. They’ve not changed and it’s beautiful to see. And it means I’m right as well! It’s not some kind of myth about this Sheffield idyll that Hawley has invented, it’s true. That level of success they’ve had, not only can it mess with your head, but it can destroy you as a human being. There are examples of that in similar bands where people are gargantuan arseholes. Again, I’m not naming any names, but you see it all of the time. Like I said, if you’re going to turn into a fucking balloon, make sure you’ve got someone to hold that string.'

https://thenewcue.substack.com/p/the-ne ... dium=email

Return to “Cărți/Muzică/Filme”