Re: Articole interesante

Post by Ferrrrrrrrrdinand »

orice bărbat adevărat e acuzat de viol
Triggerix
Babe of the day

Post by Triggerix »

How Bianca Devins, Brandon Clark moved in online worlds of vanity and abuse
Instagram was the place Devins posted about her ever-changing hair color, selfies and cosplay. (Cosplay is role playing, wearing costumes to represent a specific character.)

Before she was killed, Devins had about 2,000 followers. She had 10 posts on her account – including one from about a week before her death, when she told her followers she had gone on a content purge.

After killing Devins, Clark posted photos of her body online, police said. After being contacted by the public, Instagram at some point removed the photos. However, the photos remain online at other web sites.

Devins’ Instagram account gained over 100,000 followers since her death. Other Instagram users tried to capitalize on her grisly death to gain more followers by claiming they had photos of her body in hopes people would follow them.
The Streisand Effect makes people see shit they shouldn't.
Every machine is a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough.

Full-time quote-happy-tagger.
Ferrrrrrrrrdinand
al IX-lea

Elevii de 7 care reuşesc în viaţă şi alte creaturi fantastice

un articol foarte bun, mi-a plăcut cum critică discursurile plictisitoare și superficiale despre educație pe care le tot auzim
Dr. User
Zergling

Post by Dr. User »

Triggerix
Babe of the day

Post by Triggerix »

Triggerix
Babe of the day

Post by Triggerix »

The fatal, hateful rise of choking during sex
Since December last year, a group of women have attempted to gather “sex games gone wrong” defence killings under one place – the website We Can’t Consent to This. In the decade since Vicky’s murder, such killings have risen by 90%. Two thirds involve strangulation.
Strangulation – fatal and non-fatal – “squeezing”, “neck compression” or, as some call, it “breath-play” – is highly gendered. On average, one woman in the UK is strangled to death by her partner every two weeks, according to Women’s Aid. It is a frequent feature of non-fatal domestic assault, as well as rape and robbery where women are the victims. It is striking how seldom it is seen in crimes against men.

Dr. User
Zergling

Post by Dr. User »

Ferrrrrrrrrdinand wrote: 10 Jun 2019, 21:09 orice bărbat adevărat e acuzat de viol
În mediul rural cică e ceva normal. Aproape că-mi vine să mă mut.
https://dantanasescu.ro/2019/08/30/la-t ... uctie.html
juve3332
Hammer Haunt

Post by juve3332 »

Stai deja in Targu-Jiu.
Mărar
Electro-Chemist

Post by Mărar »

The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Treatment of Trauma (Book Summary)
The book is written by Dr. Bessel van der Kolk, summarizing his four decades of experience studying the impact of trauma on childhood brain development and emotion regulation.

I’ll focus on what I think are the most important, unusual, and powerful points from Dr. Van der Kolk’s message. All research and conclusions come from the book. Any errors or omissions are mine.
Dr. User
Zergling

Post by Dr. User »

Triggerix
Babe of the day

Post by Triggerix »

James Deen nu a fost acuzat de viol doar de Stoya.

Ferrrrrrrrrdinand
al IX-lea

ci a devenit şi-un simbol feminist. De ce? În principal, pentru că se uită în ochii colegelor lui în timpul scenelor și creează iluzia unei intimități. Asta a cântărit mult mai mult decât violența explicită din majoritatea filmelor, a cântărit atât de mult încât fanele lui descriau un bărbat care în multe dintre filme își plesnește și scuipă partenerele ca fiind “dulce”, iar o publicație online pentru femei l-a angajat consilier sexual.
:lol: am observat și eu tendința unora de a-i atribui atitudini feministe de nicăieri

Also, tipul e bine mersi după acuzațiile acelea. N-a rămas fără lucru sau ceva din ce știu eu.
Fular
Barbugiu înrăit

Post by Fular »

Si Ferdi, ceva notabil din filmografia lui Deen de care ar trebui sa stim? In afara de The Canyons ofc.
EpicTroll: Vrei să ştii părerea mea? Oamenii cu păreri ar trebui degrabă împărţiţi la zero.
Ferrrrrrrrrdinand
al IX-lea

Maybe Game of Bones.

I mean, poate sfârșitul ăsta nu e așa anticlimactic.
Magicake
Global Belit

Post by Magicake »

Ce e mai interesant e ca sunt persoane aici care stiu mai multe despre tipul asta decat cum il cheama.
Mărar
Electro-Chemist

Post by Mărar »

Compendiu de articole interesante

https://www.gwern.net/
This is the website of Gwern Branwen. I am most interested in psychology, statistics, and technology; I am best known for my writings on the darknet markets & Bitcoin, blinded self-experiments & Quantified Self analyses, dual n-back & spaced repetition, and modafinil.

For information about my site’s philosophy, method, traffic statistics, and implementation, see the About page; for information about myself, my use of other websites, and contact information, see the Links page; for information about new pages, see the Changelog; to receive updates, news, & reviews, subscribe to the newsletter (archives).
Ex:
https://www.gwern.net/Causality
It is widely understood that statistical correlation between two variables ≠ causation. Despite this admonition, people are overconfident in claiming correlations to support favored causal interpretations and are surprised by the results of randomized experiments, suggesting that they are biased & systematically underestimate the prevalence of confounds / common-causation. I speculate that in realistic causal networks or DAGs, the number of possible correlations grows faster than the number of possible causal relationships. So confounds really are that common, and since people do not think in realistic DAGs but toy models, the imbalance also explains overconfidence.
Si newsletterul e bun, cu analize / linkuri directe catre lucrari stiintifice, deobicei din sfera machine learning, psihologie, genetic, etc..

https://www.gwern.net/newsletter/2019/12

https://waitbutwhy.com/

Posteaza rar dar cu chestii faine, momentan are o serie de articole despre...
Part of what I’ve spent three years working on is a new language we can use to think and talk about our societies and the people inside of them…full of new terms and metaphors and, of course, lots and lots of badly drawn pictures. It all amounts to a new lens. Looking through this lens out at the world, and inward at myself, things make more sense to me now. … In the early parts of the series, we’ll get familiar with the new lens, and as the series moves on, we’ll start using the lens to look at all of those topics a sane blogger isn’t supposed to write about. If I can do my job well, by the end of the journey, everything will make more sense to you too. There’s a pretty worrisome trend happening in many of our societies right now, but I’m pretty sure that if we can just see it all with clear eyes, we can fix it.
https://waitbutwhy.com/2019/08/story-of-us.html

Iar pentru ceva mai scurt:

https://waitbutwhy.com/2013/10/why-proc ... inate.html

https://slatestarcodex.com/
Welcome to Slate Star Codex, a blog about science, medicine, philosophy, politics, and futurism.
Abia am inceput sa il parcurg mai ca lumea, dar din putinul citit recomand:

https://slatestarcodex.com/2018/10/30/s ... roversial/

https://slatestarcodex.com/2019/06/04/b ... r-success/

De ce umanitatea a evoluat dpdv cultural (in nenumarate randuri) arta ghicitului (spoiler: it's game theory optimal in specific circumstance)
When hunting caribou, Naskapi foragers in Labrador, Canada, had to decide where to go. Common sense might lead one to go where one had success before or to where friends or neighbors recently spotted caribou.

However, this situation is like [the Matching Pennies game]. The caribou are mismatchers and the hunters are matchers. That is, hunters want to match the locations of caribou while caribou want to mismatch the hunters, to avoid being shot and eaten. If a hunter shows any bias to return to previous spots, where he or others have seen caribou, then the caribou can benefit (survive better) by avoiding those locations (where they have previously seen humans). Thus, the best hunting strategy requires randomizing.

Can cultural evolution compensate for our cognitive inadequacies? Traditionally, Naskapi hunters decided where to go to hunt using divination and believed that the shoulder bones of caribou could point the way to success. To start the ritual, the shoulder blade was heated over hot coals in a way that caused patterns of cracks and burnt spots to form. This patterning was then read as a kind of map, which was held in a pre-specified orientation. The cracking patterns were (probably) essentially random from the point of view of hunting locations, since the outcomes depended on myriad details about the bone, fire, ambient temperature, and heating process. Thus, these divination rituals may have provided a crude randomizing device that helped hunters avoid their own decision-making biases.

https://slatestarcodex.com/2017/09/05/b ... certainty/
The predictive processing model is one of these well-wrapped packages. Unbeknownst to me, over the past decade or so neuroscientists have come up with a real theory of how the brain works – a real unifying framework theory like Darwin’s or Einstein’s – and it’s beautiful and it makes complete sense.
Si o lista cu alte articole interesante:
https://slatestarcodex.com/2020/01/08/w ... the-2010s/
Jaunty
Site Admin

Post by Jaunty »

^ Awesome post. Gwern e genial.

Am aruncat un ochi și pe Why Procastinators Procastinate și How to Beat Procastination. Autorul consideră că starea de „flow” este idealul. Dar eu intru destul de des în flow, e bun în doze mici, dar dacă nu mă opresc mă secătuiește și nu e neapărat productiv. Flow is my drug, îmi strică echilibrul. Nu sunt singurul cu problema asta. Vă las cu prezentarea lui Jason Rorher de la GDC din 2018. Vorbește despre „the flow fallacy” pe la minutul 20, dar merită urmărită în întregime:

phpBB [video]
Dr. User
Zergling

Post by Dr. User »

Return to “Cafenea”