Torment: Tides of Numenera

Discuții axate pe jocurile RPG.
TG
Dremora Lord

Torment: Tides of Numenera

Post by TG »

Torment: Tides Of Numenera Recedes Till Late 2015
Torment: Tides of Numenera aims to be a spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment, but it seems producing vastly complex, non-linear RPGs is a difficult task. Following the success of Wasteland 2, inXile’s other Kickstarted game, Tides of Numenera has swapped its previous ‘early 2015′ release date for a revised ‘late 2015′. In a lengthy post at the Torment blog, the team have offered update on the game’s current development.

The short version is that Wasteland 2′s success in Early Access meant the team had more time to continue working on it. That meant that the Torment team similarly had more time in pre-production, to tinker with ideas and test their designs, but also consequently have yet to begin full production on the game. With Wasteland 2 launching for realsies this August, more of the team are beginning to move over to working on Torment.

The slightly longer version:

For the last while, we’ve been in what I’ve called a “limited production” mode. During this phase, the emphasis has been on proving out our design and pipelines (i.e,. how exactly we get anything from being an idea to being fully implemented in the game). This is typical for preproduction, but the distinction I’d make is that we’ve been creating actual game content, which is unusual in the industry. During this time, we’ve had relatively few people creating content and have been allowed time to experiment and iterate, prioritizing getting things figured out over getting things done. This leads to greater productivity, fewer mistakes, and ultimately a better game. This goal is generally somewhat at odds with completing feature X by date Y, which is typically what you do during production to ensure that the game can be completed to the quality desired given the time and/or resources you have available.
"Screams of a billion murdered stars give life to the night's peace. While we cling in desperation to the few spinning stones we call worlds."

Waaagh!
Forum Warlord

Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera

Post by Waaagh! »

They better not fuck this one up -.-
NO COVER. ALL MAN.
Mahdi
Necromancer

Post by Mahdi »

phpBB [video]
REMEMBER CITADEL
Waaagh!
Forum Warlord

Post by Waaagh! »

inb4 n-are quest marker.
NO COVER. ALL MAN.
Gabriela
Headcrab

Post by Gabriela »

Văd că-l tot amână momentan din tot felul de motive [neinteresante], not cool. :(
Alone, important and wise. (W. B. Yeats)
Mikael
Zergling

Post by Mikael »

joonior_bmf
Gravity e un film misto

Post by joonior_bmf »

phpBB [video]
joonior_bmf
Gravity e un film misto

Post by joonior_bmf »

phpBB [video]
zme-ul
cel rau

Post by zme-ul »

When is the game coming?
Chris Keenan wrote:You may remember me as Project Lead on Wasteland 2 and the recently released Director’s Cut. If you didn’t follow that project, here is a small bio: I started working in video games at 15 years old, as a QA tester at Brian Fargo’s Interplay. I couldn’t even drive to the office so my dad had to drop me off at work (which is just slightly embarrassing). Most of my adult life has been in game development and I’ve been here at inXile for over 12 wild years.

I will be managing the development on Torment: Tides of Numenera from this point forward. There is a core vision in place and along with the creative leadership of Colin, George and Adam, I plan to ensure the vision is upheld.

As a fresh set of eyes on the project I can tell you it’s shaping up to be the awesome experience you all expect and deserve. However, to maintain the quality standard we’ve set for ourselves, we can’t rush through these final stages to get it out the door. Instead, we’re going to take the time we need on Torment: Tides of Numenera, which means we are planning a 2016 release.

An important part of our process is getting the game in your hands and iterating based on your feedback. Releasing the Crisis Alpha Systems Tests was a big step for the team. We’ve been happy to receive detailed feedback on what can be improved, and very gratified to see our backers respond that we’re heading in the right direction.

Now, it’s on to working towards the beta release. The level art is largely done, and we’re making good progress on the general game systems, level design and UI elements . We’ll keep you posted on the progress of the beta release in the upcoming updates, as we have full intentions on releasing the beta this year. I look forward to leading this incredibly talented team and working with all of you to bring Torment to completion!
人は地獄を作った
TG
Dremora Lord

Post by TG »

inXile's crowd-funded fantasy role-playing game Torment: Tides of Numenera launches in beta form this month.

The beta for the thematic successor to Planescape Torment launches on 17th January for eligible backers. Then, the game comes out on Steam Early Access on 26th January.

InXile boss Brian Fargo said the beta starts players at the beginning of the game and "is quite lengthy for an early beta".

It covers the introductory sequence as well as most of the first major location of the game, Sagus Cliffs.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... this-month
"Screams of a billion murdered stars give life to the night's peace. While we cling in desperation to the few spinning stones we call worlds."

Mahdi
Necromancer

Post by Mahdi »

Hnghhhhh. Și mă bucuram că anul ăsta n-o să trebuiască să mai joc nimic, în afară de Dark Souls 3. Și expansionul la Witcher 3. Și Underrail.
REMEMBER CITADEL
Magicake
Global Belit

Post by Magicake »

Ar fi fain sa vina anul asta si Underworld dar de-abia au scos un prototip in care lovesc ceva cu o arma melee.
joonior_bmf
Gravity e un film misto

Post by joonior_bmf »

phpBB [video]
TG
Dremora Lord

Post by TG »

cg1700
Hammer Haunt

Post by cg1700 »

Eu o sa mi-l cumpar cand apare dar nu stiu daca o sa il si joc atunci. Vad un trend in RPG-urile astea Kickstartuite unde se lanseaza o versiune enhanced la vreun an si ceva dupa aparitie asa ca ma gandesc ca mai bine astept. Asta desigur daca o sa ma pot abtine.
Xristina
Space Invader

Post by Xristina »

cg1700 wrote:Eu o sa mi-l cumpar cand apare dar nu stiu daca o sa il si joc atunci. Vad un trend in RPG-urile astea Kickstartuite unde se lanseaza o versiune enhanced la vreun an si ceva dupa aparitie asa ca ma gandesc ca mai bine astept. Asta desigur daca o sa ma pot abtine.
Cu PoE nu s-a intamplat asta. Daca te gandesti la Divinity, cred ca a fost o exceptie. :)

Nici eu nu il cumpar acuma. Nu vreau sa ma prinda si dupa sa nu il pot juca din cauza bugurilor.
sebas
Hammer Haunt

Post by sebas »

PoE a avut patchul 2.0 însă, venit cu schimbări majore. Iar White March 2 vine cu patchul 3.0.
dump CHA
TG
Dremora Lord

Post by TG »

Well, așa nu mai joci nimic. Dacă jocul e ok când ai timp să-l joci, joacă-l atunci, imo e mai prioritar timpul decât bug-uri minore. Divinity și PoE au fost ok din prima lună, EE-ul probabil că îl face mai bun, dar nu cât să regret că l-am jucat.

cg1700
Hammer Haunt

Post by cg1700 »

Daca sunt doar bug-uri atunci nu e o problema pentru mine, dar daca e vorba de update-uri care aduc modificari mai mari la content gen EE-ul de DivOS sau Director's Cut-ul de Wasteland 2 atunci cam ajunge sa imi para rau ca nu am asteptat.

Return to “Role Playing Games”