Tribulațiile unui developer indie

Jocuri de R.O.M.Â.N.I.A.
TG
Dremora Lord

Re: Tribulațiile unui developer indie

Post by TG »

Băi, e simplu. Poți să faci o mizerie și o să vândă 700 dacă apare pe Steam, bașca mai are și trading cards deja e orgasm pentru bovine. Dar... minimul necesar e să arate bine, așa faci apel la superficialitate. Până la urmă se găsesc 700 să dea într-o blondă siliconată ifyougetwhatImean.

Nu-i trebuie Frostbite sau 3D, dar plm, măcar old school să fie prezentabil. Deci nici ca joc făcut pentru alea 700 de bucăți nu iese în evidență, las-o naibii. :lol: E plin pe net de free assets care îmi stârnesc mai mult nostalgia.

Apoi mai sunt demenții ăia cu indie is dead huo huo, meanwhile bagă omulețul ăla în Underail de îi iese prin urechi. I-aș recomanda acestuia să citească dev story-ul lui Styg.
I said to myself: Maybe if they will see me as a good developer, actively responding to criticism and fixing issues or problems that people mention they will love me and spread the word about my game. Buyers will certainly notice. The press will notic
Pe bune?
"Screams of a billion murdered stars give life to the night's peace. While we cling in desperation to the few spinning stones we call worlds."

sebas
Hammer Haunt

Post by sebas »

Păi omu avea bani de development 2 luni, nu 10 ani. :lol:
dump CHA
TG
Dremora Lord

Post by TG »

Da, iar jocul e 128 de ori mai puțin complex. Nu asta era ideea, ci faptul că modul lui de abordare mi se pare inerent greșit.
"Screams of a billion murdered stars give life to the night's peace. While we cling in desperation to the few spinning stones we call worlds."

ola small dickie
Big Daddy

Post by ola small dickie »

SI mie. Si modul de abordare, si atitudinea, pana si postarea aia dramaturgica mi se pare lame.
Currently playing: Broken Sword 5: The Serpent's Curse
Ferrrrrrrrrdinand
al IX-lea

Post by Ferrrrrrrrrdinand »

Mie cel mai ciudat mi s-a parut cand am citit ce-i spunea prietenei lui tradus din romana cu babe

should have just called her daddy while you're at it
McWilliams
Self-righteous bastard

Post by McWilliams »

How is this different from a guy who gambled away his savings, his house, his life?

Da, altora le pica trei lamai si castiga. Lui nu i-au picat. Naspa. La cum s-a "organizat", oricum s-a bazat pe RNGesus ca sa se scoata. Deci putea sa aiba calitate de AA (ca pentru AAA iti trebuie microtransactions :lol:) si tot nu conta prea mult in ecuatia finala. Folosind o vorba stramoseasca, "saracu', n-a avut zile".
Candva, pe aici, trecea un brutalistu...
O vorba de duh din Warhammer 40'000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO3MttgvHUY
Magicake
Global Belit

Post by Magicake »

A ajuns pe HN because of course he was going to:
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=15763013
Cristan
Dremora Lord

Post by Cristan »

Bump. Se pare că l-a ajutat front page pe HN: [Post Mortem - 1 year later]: I managed to ship 6000 copies to stay in business
A year ago to this day I was a nervous wreck. I was burned out, tired, angry, sad and depressed. I thought there's no way I can turn things around and that there's no hope left for me. I cried, I wailed, I furiously wrote more code and released update after update only to see very little return for my effort. I wrote that blog post on Gamasutra to vent my frustration and to give a cautionary tale to other developers looking to take the jump. My goal was to warn someone, anyone, not to do the same mistakes as I did. And the platform, this blog? It ended up being the reason I can start working on a new game today, with enough financial backing to support myself for a long time and enough experience (and a written blog post) to re-read time and time again if I ever decide to make the jump into full time indie again.
Done
Out into the foggy street. Turn your collar up.

Return to “Made în România”