The Good, The Bad and the Weird - Canale de YouTube

Ce muzica mai ascultați, ce filme ați mai văzut și ce cărți ați mai citit.
Apollyon
Pig Cop

Re: The Good, The Bad and the Weird - Canale de YouTube

Post by Apollyon »

vulp
Hammer Haunt

Post by vulp »

unde dai si unde doare unde dai si unde doare
Rukifer
Zergling

Post by Rukifer »

This man is everything.

phpBB [video]
sebas
Hammer Haunt

Post by sebas »

Rukifer wrote:This man is everything.
Apropo de gătit, http://www.adihadean.ro/
Tot ce-am făcut de acolo a ieșit absolut delicios.
dump CHA
.chester
Dremora Lord

Post by .chester »

Eu sunt fan http://www.teoskitchen.ro chiar daca doamna din spatele site-ului se autodescrie asa:
Teo. Teo de la Teo's Kitchen. Teo. Mama lui Luca. Teo. Super-Gospo. Teo. Wonder-Woman. Teo.
:| :| :|
I'm livin' in a love shadow
Rukifer
Zergling

Post by Rukifer »

Eu nu ştiu să gătesc. Dar oamenii care gătesc sunt preferaţii mei şi îi iubesc.

^Also, I cringed a bit.
TaikoKaira
Headless Kamikaze

Post by TaikoKaira »

Mark Brown - Canalul asta e genial. E plin de videoclipuri care iti arata si explica mecanici importante, intalnite in diverse jocuri. Pe langa asta, e foarte educativ pentru cei ce vor sa fac jocuri sau sa devina designer-i. :)
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]
ERB - Epic Rap Battles of History. Cred ca numele e de ajuns pentru a explica ce ofera canalul.
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]
Corridor - Un canal care face video-uri cu jocuri puse in viata reala. Cred ca isi face treaba mai bine decat multe altele cu specificul asta.
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]
The Game Theorists - Un alt canal foarte bine facut. Explica tot felul de teorii interesante despre jocuri.
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]
StealthGamerBR™ - Sa joci intr-un mod silentios poate fi mereu o provocare, dar youtuber-ul asta joaca in stealth mode de parca asta ar fi facut toata viata. Recomand canalul. :)
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]
Shirley Curry - Nu vezi in fiecare zi o batranica simpatica jucand Skyrim, mai ales pe un canal de YT. :D
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]
Tofig Shamkhalov - De departe, cel mai bun canal pe care l-am intalnit cu tematica game-history.
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]
Acestea fiind spuse, cam astea sunt cele mai interesante canale de YT pe care le-am intalnit pana acum. Sper sa nu fi repetat vreun nume, n-am reusit sa citesc toate reply-urile de pe thread.
Reviews: Far Cry, Far Cry 2, Little Nightmares, Broforce

"Death is inevitable. Our fear of it makes us play safe, blocks out emotion. It's a losing game. Without passion, you are already dead."
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Ferrrrrrrrrdinand
al IX-lea

Post by Ferrrrrrrrrdinand »

LogosSteve - inactiv din pacate
phpBB [video]

Spoiler for O conversatie in comentarii:
I have to say, I was interested in a GITS analysis, but this isn't it. Aside from mentioning a few lines you like, the majority of what I took from this was that you like Japan. Honestly you give no credit to western fiction which has just as much influence on eastern culture as it has on us and go on to talk about how a xenophobic country like Japan is open to new ideas while they continue to rehash old stories and vent all their repressed thoughts and feelings into cartoons. To this day they have some of the most rigid immigration laws and are much more "free thinking" about their racism. That's not to say there isn't great Japanese work out there, but there is some definite favoritism here that colors your "analysis" with bias. I've also gone on to read some of your comments and I have to say you're extremely rude to people who don't share your perspective. Additionally you can talk all you want about Ray Kurzweil,and hail him as a guru. The fact is even if he predicts something, it's only proven accurate when it happens, so while taking his "insight" as your gospel may help you sleep at night, ideas are ideas, theories are theories and facts are facts. they are not interchangeable and all you have here are ideas. someone else's no less.

The bottom line is if you want to share information and ideas, then more power to you, but your approach is rigid and comes off more as proverbial beard stroking rather than a genuine exchange.

Incidentally Your data about GITS is inaccurate as in GITS the cybernics developed in that universe were spurred by war and largely built on it.. Before that, the technology was in its infancy . The fact is the world we see in this movie and the SAC TV series is a post war world where things have started to normalize and cybernetics have become mainstream, before that, prosthetic limbs were fairly common but few people had fully prosthetic bodies and they were clumsy, rickety and undeveloped.

It was war that provided funding to the R&D and despite the leaps and bounds in technology made since then, most people depicted in that universe who don't come from rich families or are somehow connected to politicians or the military are not well off at all. Major exceptions here being cybernetics technicians and those in medicine. Even in the movie featured here, the few people we see who are not with public security are low wage garbage men, street vendors or just low class. That world is plagued by war and poverty made apparent by the fact that most everything we see of that world are slums and the tokyo skyline.

Technology has done nothing but make the rift between the upper and lower class more apparent as even prosthetics are something only afforded to rich people. In fact once again in this same movie, Kusanagi and Bateau comment on the fact that their bodies are on loan from the government and how if they ever were to retire from public security they would have to relinquish every cybernetic component they had. "Not much left after that" I believe was Bateau's remark. I think you need to rewatch this movie without the rose colored glasses so you can see what's actually being depicted here - a world where freedom is an illusion and Kusanagi's plight was a reflection of what comes from a world too dependent on machines.

In addition I noticed your inclusion of Psycho Pass in your attempt to illustrate Japan's open mindedness, but interestingly enough your carefully chosen excerpt actually serves as a double edged sword. While it certainly can be said that scene makes a case for cybernetics, that same dialogue also has a very different message which is actually much closer to what is depicted in the world you fail to illuminate.

In Psycho Pass, the entire world is ruled by a single computer which dictates almost everything about a person's life. Their work, and by extension, income is determined by a single test that tells an individual what they're best suited for. People who can't accept the life they're given become mentally unstable and without counseling begin to become prone to fall into perpetrating some form of criminal activity. Once a person reaches this point they are permanently labeled a potential criminal and are demoted to another class of human being that falls neatly into a type of servant class. These people have few rights and even their families are shamed, leading many to follow suit and become potential criminals.

In that world, the people with the greatest social freedom are those who accept the system as is while the closest thing to real freedom comes to those who are born without a moral compass which allows them to commit a crime without it affecting them on a psychological level. Psychopaths are undetectable by this world's system, but for everyone else, they can't even think bad thoughts without potentially ruining their lives.

With that in mind, that conversation you chose to highlight illustrated how we are becoming prisoners of our technology, unable to function without our smart phones, cloud data and internet. He was saying that we as people have become slaves to the technology we've created and while that suited him, the reporter he was talking to almost felt shame at the realization of how dependent she was on all of her gadgets in her day to day life.

I will stop here, but it's very clear that your interpretation of the media you consume is suited to fit your world view. This is normal and nothing to be ashamed of, but it doesn't lend itself to accuracy - far from it. I will go as far as to say that this video had very little to do with GITS, which by the way is an amazing work of art in its many incarnations. Your video, however, was more about your favorite scenes, how a few early adopting otaku made a trilogy that parallelled scenes from it, and from there on it was a dissertation, or (perhaps more accurately) a desertion, favoring japan.

I think you can do better.
First off, yes I admit my personal views have colored my analyses a little too much, I apologize for that. I already admitted as much in my Metal Gear Solid 2 AI conversations commentary video about MGS2. And it's just as true here. I will do my best to address that and the strong influence of Blade Runner in particular when I make my Innocence review, I was intentionally saving it for that for reasons that will be obvious. Also I apologize for seeming rigid in my responses. However I take issues with everything else you've said and I've largely already addressed it all in other comments.

I already made a long comment regarding my "favoritism" of Japan when it comes to science fiction and how I basically already agree with everything negative you've said about them. But that still has nothing to do with any of this, as I said in the comment. In the case of the metric I care about, at least a neutral depiction of AI as opposed to the negative one of the west in visual media, they clearly show a pattern of being better than the west. Besides, I try my best to judge all works individually by their merits regardless of who made it or where it comes from. I'm just pointing out a pretty obvious pattern.

As for the depiction of society in the movie, yet again I will say other material doesn't matter, I'm judging the movie. In the movie society for all intents and purposes even if it's unequal is still stable and peaceful. You have to admit at least that much. Even given the back story and the details present which you mention, the degree to which the piece is dystopian is still very light at best by comparison to other media and this is a very important distinction. And yes, Psycho-Pass is still much more dystopian. Regardless, that speech from it is still important because at the very least, even if it represents the villain's point of view in the story, it's a very strong argument for the idea itself of replacing the human body with artificial parts as being just a continuation of the trend of using technology to improve ourselves. It's not evil or bad in and of itself, it's utilitarian. The argument being right and essentially casting the villain as using technology to commit evil acts instead of the technology itself being evil is a very important distinction. You don't get that in western media period which sets even Psycho-Pass apart in an important way. And I've already mentioned this as well in a comment.

I appreciate the comment but I think even you will agree it's a bit ridiculous to say I didn't do an analysis at all. My lack of thanking western culture for being a huge influence on Ghost in the Shell is not evidence that I don't believe that's the case. It just means I didn't want to talk about it in that video. As I said, I'll talk about it when I do my video on the second movie. That's a more appropriate place for the topic.
+LogosSteve To put it simply, if you agree with what I've said about your approach and thought that going in, it would stand to reason that you would try to address that. Regardless, using your other videos as a reference here is a difficult proposition as you go in expecting your viewers to elect to watch all of your videos or, in the very least, every one that you deem relevant to their arguments. If you know going in that you're going to be able to expect someone like me to come in and go on for 63 lines about bias, you should probably cop to it outright in the video.

I will attempt to keep the rest of my response sort. If we exclude all other media and only look at this movie, we must extrapolate from the information provided. As I already mentioned the divergence in class, I'll skip over that and point out that there are at least 9 divisions of public security in japan in addition to the police; and that public security has a clear licence to kill and use their own discretion on the level of force used to subdue a target. The world conveyed is filled with terrorists and cyber terrorists in addition to multiple political factions vying for power that public security itself gets caught in the middle of. In the final act, Kusanagi faces off against a 6 legged tank that is owned and controlled by section 6. If public security needs tanks to do their work, I don't think "peaceful" is a remotely accurate description of the world they live in.

In any case I admitted that the scene you chose from Psycho Pass makes a case for the argument of cyberdisation but my issue was never that it didn't offer that argument, it was that it just as readily argued that technology was crippling us as a society.

In any case, I think the part of your analysis that took what work you had done and discredited it, was near your closing statements when you openly said that western sci-fi was "behind" japanese Sci-fi. This stance underscored your bias and turned your analysis into something else. A proper analysis would have talked more about the components of the movie and what influenced them, outline the message the movie was trying to convey and make way for discussion as you leave off with its effects on recent media. Worse yet your title leads off with "(there is no)ghost in the shell" which suggests you wanted to talk about how the soul, desire and "free will" are a tangible biological function that we can feasibly emulate through software. And if you wanted to talk about that, you barely mentioned it as even being a possibility when based on your title, this should have been the bulk of your video. That's why I say I didn't find this to be much of an analysis. As an editorial, it's an interesting piece; however, and I say this with the utmost respect, it appears to lack any research, and fails to be informative and/or thought provoking.

I will leave you with this: for a large portion of my life I was a massive consumer of japanese media. i saw GITS in the theatres when I was 14, and was on the anime band wagon before the industry took off in the US. I watched Akira when I was in the 5th grade and watched Nausicaa when it was first released in america in 1985 as "Warriors of the Wind." GITS as a franchise is still one of my favorites to date. I did not come here to give you a hard time. The truth is I was looking forward to something insightful and informative regarding a movie I still enjoy to this day and I was disappointed with what I found. I'm hoping your video on "Innocence" turns out to be a bit more...intellectually palatable.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
I expect my viewers not to have seen anything else thus I mention if I've covered something somewhere else so I don't repeat myself too much. You already said you had read my comments, and I'm just pointing out I've addressed most of what you said in those prior comments. Once again, I do not deny that the elements of a dystopian society are here, sure, but they're very slim and subtle compared to far more overtly dystopian sci-fi stories like Psycho-Pass or Bladerunner and you have to take that into consideration as a choice by the film makers. That matters. You don't seem interested in that comparison or how GITS is different and that's what I care about because that's why I'm talking about it in the first place.

I'm sorry but no, you can not say that the argument from Psycho-Pass alone necessarily is about society being crippled by the use of technology itself. The story was about the dangers of that but there's a difference between that and the clip. But now I'm trying to explain something twice and if the first time didn't change your opinion of the conversation a second time isn't going to. I'll say again, you should take a step back and examine your own bias here, it's clear you have one and you should at least acknowledge that.

My analysis isn't what you wanted and that too is skewing what you're claiming it does do, does not do and should do. I didn't think it relevant to give evidence for why the soul doesn't exist because that's got nothing to do with what the movie is trying to say about it. Those are two different things. As I already said I'm going to cover this and the influences on GITS more in other videos anyway. The title implies what i think the movie says, whether that's right or not doesn't have to be discussed in the video. I did my best to discuss how the movie says it though. Maybe I failed to do it well but that's another matter.

Saying this analysis isn't thought provoking might be true, for you, but clearly it is thought provoking for other people. You don't have to be rude. If you don't think I did that well enough then ok, you can make your own analysis and cover what I've missed, wouldn't that be a good idea to get discussion going then?

I appreciate you guys grilling me pretty hard though.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying about your Psycho Pass excerpt. to put it clear, I think we're now saying the same thing: that the excerpt you chose makes a case for both sides.

The evidence should be found in philosophy and in the leaps and bounds in AI technology that are projected to come in the next 15-20 years. but to say there is no ghost and then barely talk about it makes for a very misleading title.
+Knyx
Well, it's on the to do list then. Also Philosophy for all practical purposes can't produce evidence period, only science can.

And no, I still say the excerpt in and of itself is purely a solid argument that relying on technology is what we always have done and fear mongering about becoming part cyborg is an argument with moving goal posts like the "playing god" argument. If you're logically consistent then if you reject becoming a "cyborg" on principle you should forget about using computers at all because that's what we already are doing.
+LogosSteve issue is without philosophy, which is all this movie can really offer, we can't even find a base line for how we define the soul. If free will is something you can program into an opject, one has to ask if that's free will at all. Of course, if you're a believer in god, then free will is an illusion anyway. This, however, is my entire point. We can't even agree on a point such as free will unless we are able to define it, which is where philosophy comes in.
Ferrrrrrrrrdinand
al IX-lea

https://www.youtube.com/user/esfelectra
To have a name is to identify and bring upon meaning. Just as Kreia is not Kreia's actual name, I do not have a name.
You may call me whatever name you wish.
that might be that most pretentious thing iv read all week
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Cica o sa vina o analiza la Kreia in curand
Mi-a placut analiza la Johan

pretty good edgelord
Spoiler for :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMzTLNeKucY
Alta analiza

raspunsul lui ' la asta
Good attempt at analysing Kreia, however you fall short by using Existentialism to analyse Kreia rather than Nietzschean philosophy to examine why Kreia despises the Force.

//

Yes but you were using the broad strokes of existentialism on free will to talk about Kreia rather than her main motivation of fighting against institution of morality (the Jedi and Sith philosophy) and how the dependency on the Force itself is just another of Eternal Recurrence with actual application within the universe of Star Wars.
Those are Nietzschean principles, which does fall under Existentialism, sure, but does not convey or explore her philosophy.

For example, you point out that Kreia (4:35) doesn't accept that the Force has a will, and you conclude that she hates it because it means that no one has free will.

This isn't her problem. Her problem is that the Force has a will that creates endless series of balances, which results in countless deaths. You brush it off with ''oh she likes being in control'' and you completely mischaracterize the Force as not letting anyone have free will which is entirely inaccurate. Everyone has their own free will, it just conveniently balances itself out in a way that seems deterministic. Kreia says that there are no true coincidences with the Force and even in Kotor 1, no one is really surprised to find out that HK-47 belonged to Revan and just happened to be bought by him.

This is a direct view of the entirety of the Star Wars canon and the Prequel movies themselves. Anakin was prophesied to bring balance to the Force. And how did the Force achieve this? By getting the entire galaxy to fight in a pointless war controlled on both sides by the Sith, get the entire Jedi order annihilated, wait 20 years of Sith oppression, have the son of prophesied chosen one to defeat him in a duel and THEN bring balance to the Force after he sees his son being tortured.
Countless death, for balance. THAT is what Kreia found abhorrent.

Your analysis, as said, is a good attempt, but falls short because you went in with the analysis of Kreia by wanting to talk about free will which has nothing to do with Kreia.

I will eventually do my own analysis on Kreia in the future addressing these points.
nietzsche fag :3
Ferrrrrrrrrdinand
al IX-lea

danooct1

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
cg1700
Hammer Haunt

Post by cg1700 »

>Tohou ransomware

I've been preparing for this moment all my life.
Ferrrrrrrrrdinand
al IX-lea

phpBB [video]
Mafio
Hammer Haunt

Post by Mafio »

Casually Explained - Un shau socially awkward care explică fenomene din viața de zi cu zi. Are un umor sec care-mi place foarte mult.
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Killian Experience. E pe atâtea straturi de ironie încât nici nu știu cum aș putea să explic ce fel de videouri produce tipul ăsta. Recomand în special videoul ''Worst Civilization 5 Deity Strategy''.
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Ferrrrrrrrrdinand
al IX-lea

SsethTzeentach

some racist jokes and lots of fanservice (hentai)
Spoiler:
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Jack Of Hearts

Acum face speedrun-uri dar mai demult a creat un warcraft 3 hard mode guide care mi-a placut

W3 Human campaign
Frozen Throne Night elf
si tot asa pentru fiecare. Nu stiu cum sa ajung la pagina cu toate video-urile din playlist in noua interfata la youtube, am pus link-urile de la primele video-uri din fiecare ghid

L.E: Nvm mi-am dat seama cum, foarte bine gandita noua interfata :roll:
Ferrrrrrrrrdinand
al IX-lea

Nu ma joc age of empire 2 chiar acum dar imi place sa-mi inchipui ca as putea juca candva un rts in multiplayer :lol:

phpBB [video]
Apollyon
Pig Cop

Post by Apollyon »

Ferrrrrrrrrdinand
al IX-lea

What it all Meant

phpBB [video]

L-am gasit in seara asta imi place ca vorbeste la subiect fara glume lenese si pauze sa explice tot ce spune, some subs would be nice tho or a transcript

phpBB [video]
Ferrrrrrrrrdinand
al IX-lea

phpBB [video]

Mi-a placut ca a explicat ce se intampla cu Travis, felul in care gandeste, scena cu scena ce ciudat se comporta. Mai ales secventele din interviul cu Paul Schneider (la inceput o secventa si-n partea a doua aceeasi secventa completata). Unele chestii nu le-a mentionat fata de ce-am postat la lucruri interesante (de pilda faptul ca personajul Travis a fost inspirat din jurnalul unui nebun care a incercat sa asasineze un senator and of course Omul din subterana /Notes from the Underground) si-ar mai fi mers aspectul Travis - depresie (daca are, nu ma pricep)

Also am observat multe obiceiuri de-ale lui Travis pe care le am si eu :D so that's nice de pilda sa ma asez la distanta de altii

Return to “Cărți/Muzică/Filme”